Welcome, welcome, welcome. Prepare to be amazed by our massive list of the best and even the cheapest skip hire companies which you can find in Southampton. It's going to be a short read, but get some popcorn ready just in case.
Home renovation? Husband finally said yes? Council finally released planning permission? Whatever the reason is for the next construction project, here's our best skip hire companies in Southampton.
Before I forget, head over to our skip hire FAQ there's a lot of interesting answers there, someone recently wondered to know how wide a skip lorry is and the maximum amount of weight it can actually hold, I mean, safety first, you've got to know isn't it?
Raymond Brown Waste Solutions
They need no introduction, we'll leave you with R Collard! At No.1, by far the largest, widest and most capable skip hire company which is available in Southampton.
Note: Raymond Brown Waste Solutions will be renamed to collard environmental
R Collard has a vast network of services. Most importantly, they bring the data to waste management, then turn the waste into eco-friendly by-products.
You probably know more about R Collard than we do, so let's just jump straight into their additional services and skip hire sizes.
There's really not much to say about the available skip sizes. Every size is available, there's even caged van if you'd like to use that to collect wastes instead.
Here's what some people are saying on Facebook:
absolutely wonderful service from R.Collard during April lockdown. They were quick, on time and were able to place the...Posted by Crissy Alves on Saturday, 23 May 2020
Booked R Collard yesterday and they turned up 24hrs later for skip collection. A proper professional outfit, no problems, no issues, no quibbles. Highly recommended!!!Posted by Richard Knights on Thursday, 11 June 2020
- Reading (full list available on their website)
Additional services include:
- Asbestos Removal (Hazardous waste disposal)
- Material Trading; If you've got large bulks of recyclable wastes they'll buy it
- Ready-mixed concrete; Quality Assured concrete (EN 206:2013 + A1:2016 & BS 8500) and Non-Quality Assured Concrete.
- Grab Loading Hire; If you need help with construction demolition waste, Sharp Sand or other sorts of waste materials, R Collard would be able to provide Local Grab Loading (with an operator)
- Man and van hire; For domestic removals or heavy delivery services.
- Demolition; This includes Decommissioning & Decontamination, Soft-Stripping, Removal & Recycling of Wastes and Preparing Greenfield & Brownfield Sites for Redevelopment, they've got over 20-years of experience when it comes to ripping buildings apart.
- An array of transport vehicles. This includes vehicles for Bulk Haulage, Low Loaders, HIAB Lorries, Road Sweepers, Tippers, Grab Lorries, Walking Floor Trailers, Roll-On, Roll-Off Lorries, and Dustcarts waste collection vehicles.
- Delivery any volume of primary aggregates from 5 tonnes upwards this includes aggregates such as; Crushed concrete, Grano Dust Grab Bags, Secondary washed aggregates, Top Soil, Root Zones, Glass sand and Reclaimed sands.
- Commercial tipping, providing you with the option to deliver your own waste to their recycling facilities
- Scrap metal collection and trading
- Earthworks; this includes Land Remediation, Golf Course Construction and many more Earthwork related activities
Contact them at
Phone: 01264 720 257
Pink Skip Hire
They are truly P!nk, I love it.
There's some many things we love about Pink Skip hire, where shall we begin?
Okay, how about a customer's review? Here you go!
Pink Skips are one of the few places I found that do Skip hire at a reasonable price and cater to skips bigger than 8 Cubic Yard.
I wanted one at fairly short notice and while their communication wasn't the best (hence no 5 stars) they got me the Skip I wanted on the day I wanted.
There is a good chance I will need a another Skip in the near future and I will definitely be using Pink Skips again.
— by StuartB-437 on yell.com
Okay moving on, they've got a seamless online checkout which accepts various types of credit and debt cards. Furthermore, skip prices are also publicly available, which adds a bit more transparency.
Here're some examples of their cheap skip hire prices and sizes:
2-Yard Skip hire (Mini): £146.00 Inc VAT (off-road)
4-Yard Skip hire (Midi): £179.00 Inc VAT (off-road)
6-Yard Skip hire (Maxi): £237 Inc VAT (off-road)
8-Yard Skip hire (Builders and Enclosed): £277 Inc VAT (off-road)
These prices are only for the districts of SO14 to SO19. Note since on-road skips require a skip hire permit, you'd need to contact them to get additional information. You can also read more about skip hire permits on our previous blog Do you actually need a permit?
Keep in-min that 14-Yard, 20-Yard, and a 40-Yard Roll on / Roll off skip sizes are also available, though prices are not listed on their website, you'd need to reach out to P!nk via the contact details provided below.
Furthermore, be aware of cancellation fees. If you're ordered is cancelled on the arrival day of the skip, you'll be charged a £35 cancellation fee.
- Emergency wait and load
- Hazardous waste and asbestos disposal, for a safe disposal of dangerous waste by fully trained professionals.
- Waste removal, transfer and recycling
- This company also provides British heart foundation bags for any unwanted items.
- Portsmouth and the surrounding area
Contact them at
Phone: 0800 008 6369
Email: [email protected]
A1 Skip hire
A1 Skip hire is an independent, family run business located in Sarisbury Green which has been operating for more than 25 years. One of the unique things about them is the fact that they're probably one of the few (if not the only) skip hire company which offers "Fencing" which might be interesting for those of you looking to erect (no pun intended) or repair your existing garden fences.
If you're interested, you can find their fencing services here: shorelinefencing.co.uk — on a different website which is different from their main skip hire business.
If you're also interested in plant hire, they've got a 2.5 tonne zero tail machine and a 0.8 micro digger which can be hired along with an operator for assistance.
Skip sizes which are available includes: 2 yard skips (mini), 4 yard skips (midi), 8 yard skips (builders) are all available for hire.
In case you're wondering, no you can't use them to handle hazardous waste. Not even fluorescent light bulbs, or any sort of electrical equipment.
- West Meon (full list available on their website)
Contact them at
Phone: 01257 273 284
TJ Waste, with over 500,000+ tonnes of waste recycled, 155 fleet of vehicles available, and a 90% recycle rate for the year of 2018, they're definitely not here for any funny business.
One thing we like about the group, is how open the team is, it's always nice being able to put a face on the people at the other end of the line (okay maybe not when things go wrong), but you get what I mean.
Just in case you're wondering, yes they do provide online payment. Yes, you can register and create an account, and finally, yes for commercial customers you'll be provided with a detailed waste report which show the performance of the waste management process.
A large range of skips is available for domestic works such as garden clearances and kitchen renovations, massive industrial operations including 2-yard, 4-yard, 6-yard, all the way to a massive 35-yard skip for commercial users who are up taking massive construction projects.
- West Sussex
- Dorset (full list available on their website)
- Muck away and haulage, if you’re looking to dig out foundations, or re-doing your driveway, including 6 and 8 wheel grab loader vehicles.
- Waste collection and disposal services
- Grab hire; 6 wheel and 8 wheel grab available
- Resale of Aggregates, this includes; Building sand, Sharp sand, All in ballast, limestone studs, gravel, rock chalk and crushed concrete. Keep in mind this is just a limited list of available aggregates, you can find everything else at www.tj-waste.co.uk
Contact them at
Phone: 08000 463 964
Reliable Skip is pretty much an aggregator for skip hire companies. This means you don't exactly know who will be providing you the service, you'll just enter a post-code and a price would be delivered.
One of the biggest issues here, is that you don't know and can't quite view the user reviews and response for the skip shire service provider which is selected. I'm sure Reliable Skip has you covered! Or do they?
Warning — fake reviews
A word of warning, as off writing this report we couldn't find that many good skip hire companies to add in our Top 5 List. Of course, this list is based on a few metrics, which "user satisfaction" is also part of.
When going through the reviews, left for Reliable Skip, they all seem to be fake, which is essentially used to manipulate users' purchase decisions. Have you used Reliable Skips? Have you got an opinion? A review? Write to us via email
Perhaps they've truly got a superior product, so much so that they've done everything possible to ensure that everyone knows it's available? What ever the reason may be, let us know about your views if you do choose them for your next skip hiring options. I'm sure they've got an amazing service.
Contact them at
Phone: 0800 320 2110
If you liked this blog, checkout our Ultimate Skip hire FAQ to help you with any unanswered questions.
Finally, if you did find it helpful, please share the knowledge with the buttons on the right, so other people can make use of it. Hopefully we saved you a lot of time today.