Updated for 2021
Here's a giant skip price guide. This list contains the average you should expect to pay when using waste removal services.
We'll be using averaged prices form the national skip hire prices database to provide you the most up-to-date information as possible.
Here're costs for Birmingham:
- Mini skips (2 yard) skip hire prices start at £114.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Midi skips (4 yard) from £160.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Builder skips (8 yard) prices start at £195.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
Skip permits cost £21 per/week (7 day period), if the skip is not going to be placed on a private property. Costs may vary based on the skip operator you use, as application for a permit isn't available to the public.
There's a range of prices available in Leeds, like the other locations you can expect to pay £25 - £45 more on your skips based on the exact location the skip is heading to and £35 for a skip permit, which absolutely dependent on the skip operator you choose.
Costs for Leeds include:
- Mini (2 yard) from at £107.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Midi (4 yard) skip hire prices start at £140.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Builder (8 yard) prices start at £225.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
For Leeds, you can download the Licence to deposit a skip on the public highway here. The Licence fee costs £24.50 to submit. For additional details please visit Licence and permits section of Leeds City Council.
There's a lot of companies and prices available in London. For the best prices, reaching out directly to the skip hire company, is the best way to get a bargain. This is mainly because going through skip services providers would mean additional costs added by these companies (per/week).
Costs for London include:
- Mini (2 yard) prices start at £110.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Midi (4 yard) prices start at £160.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Builder (8 yard) prices start at £220.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
Keep in mind that London has one of the most expensive skip permit costs. For example, in Westminster, you'd need to give notice from 3 to 10 working days before a licence is issued. Licence costs starts at £78.
For areas such as Clapham it costs:
- £44.00 (On a road with no line markings)
- £60.00 (Everywhere else)
You can apply for a licence in Lambeth for up to the size of 6 yard. Any other sizes bigger than that would be classified as a container, and a separate licence would be required. For further details please go through the Highways Licence guide.
Croydon has a permit cost of £51.00 which is valid for 14 days. This requires a 5 days notice before the skip hire licence can be issued. For additional information, please visit Skip operators permit for Croydon council.
How much to hire a skip in Nottingham?
Nottingham has one of the cheapest skip hire prices in England. Like always, prices vary based on the actual skip operator, but to give you a guide price, you can expect to pay:
- Mini (2 yard) prices start at £85.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Midi (4 yard) prices start at £123.00 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
- Builder (8 yard) prices start at £187.5 (Ex. VAT) for a 1 week period
Skip permit costs in Nottingham are £34.00 for 2 weeks (14 days) period. If a skip is placed on the road without a valid permit there will be a charge of £35 for a retrospective permit and will require either the skip to be removed.
For further details in-regards to a permit in Nottingham, visit Nottingham City Council.
Keep an eye out, we'll be updating this blog with more towns and cities